About Our Corn on the Cob
- Our corn on the cob is boiled and packed in sterile conditions after the harvesting.
- There are 2 cobs in each pack and lengths of the cobs are same.
- Ingredients are corn on the cob, salt and very small amount of citric acid to increase the level of antioxidants. There are no extra additives.
- The seed of the corns are non-gmo.
- Our corn on cob is not a frozen-product, it is a fresh product that is served you in a sterile pack.
Differences Between Normal Corn and Sweet Corn:
- Normal corn is in the category of cereals and sweet corn is a vegetable. Normal corn kernels are dry and mature. Sweet corn kernels are soft, juicy and starchy.
- Normal corn is mostly used as a feed grain. Normal corn has more fruits per plant compared to sweet corn.
- In normal corn production the focus is to more fruits per plant, in sweet corn production the focus is to serve the good taste.
Benefits of Sweet Corn On The Cob
- Corn on the cob has starch and vitamin A in it.
- When you grill the corn on the cob, ferulic acid level in the corn on the cob increases and that is an antioxidant beneficial for your immune system.
- Corn on the cob has vitamin B (thiamin) in it.
How to consume Our Corn On The Cob
- Our product is pre-cooked. First take the cobs out of the vacuum pack and either you can heat it in a 800 W microwave for 3 minutes or in a pan for 5 minutes. We suggest you to grease it with vegetable oil or butter before heating.
- When you heat the cob, be careful before holding it. You can use sticks to impale on cob and eat in a fun way.
- Before opening the vacuum pack, keep it cool or at least in room temperature (25 Centigrade).
- After opening the vacuum pack, keep it in a refrigerator and consume within 3 days.